Wednesday, August 13, 2014

POETRY #1.

1) This poem is called the " The Laughing Heart," taken from Charles Bukowski.
2) I find it ironic because the poem talks about life and death and the audacity to start to new things, but yet the commercial is about levi's? Levi's have nothing to do with what the poem has to say.
3) No I don't believe that it does reflect Bukowski's reputation. Most of his other poems are dark, whitty and sometimes cynical, but "The Laughing Heart" has a much lighter mood in which it encourages its readers to be independent and risk takers.
4) For the first question I went onto youtube to see if they mentioned the name of the poem, when they did not, thats when I searched some of the sentences I heard and it gave me Charles Bukowski's poem. For the third question I searched Bukowski's name and it gave me his biograpghy and the site had all the listings of his poems and short stories. It also gave me some examples of his poetry then I compared them to "The Laughing Heart."

No comments:

Post a Comment